Monday, June 4, 2007

oooohhhh johnnny

So it is finally warm in calgary which is so great. Hard to believe it snowed here 2 weeks ago and now it is plus 27 degrees out. Spent Friday afternoon working with t, which was fun, it was our first job together and then met up with our amazing neighbours for a picnic. I spent some time trying to figure out my new camera but, as I have never taken a photography class in my life, it is proving to be interesting.
Saturday was awesome, t and I wandered around the city and probably walked about 8 km just walking about the city. Calgarians do know how to make the most of the summer and there are festivals every weekend. There was a lot of dancing which I love! (most people who know me already know that I have a mad love of dance and according to my mom this started off when I danced to macho duck
at the age of 2) the thing with dance performances is this....if you are not really sure of the steps you probably should not be dancing. I know I know harsh...but it is true, I have done my fair share of dance recitals and it is imperative that you know you part inside and out (thank you mr and mrs rothwell). And nothing is more noticeable that a dancer trying to sneak looks at another dancer’s feet. Anyhow I do give them a heartfelt good effort as it is never easy to perform in front of an audience.
Saturday evening we ate the most delicious indian food and then went to see “pirates of the carribbean 3”. It was ok....not the best one for sure but what girl could say no to seeing johnny depp. I still love that guy...loved him since 21 jump street. ha! you know you did too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cousaaan. . .we would always dance to macho duck in your bedroom, with that white tape player. . .

Anonymous said...

ps -- what's your new camera?

Unknown said...

rodger rabbit!

kels said...

ha ha yeah i do a mean roger rabbit...not to many people know it though!