Wednesday, June 6, 2007

dont drool and drive

had to see the dentist early this morning for 2 fillings. i have never had one and i was pretty scared about having a needle shoved into my face. but to be honest that needle part was not too bad. as long as i dont see the needle i am ok. reminds me of when i had a tear duct infection and my eye doc (not my uncle but one who works with him) told me was going to flush out the eye. i was like yeah no problem bring on the wash...then he pulls out a 4 inch long needle that he wanted to poke into my tear duct to flush it out....yeah that did not happen. i kept trying to let him do it and then the glinting needle would freak me out and i would move away. so he gave up and then told me to come back and we would try again, well that was about 6 years ago and i never went back. and my tear duct is just fine, thank you very much.
anyhow the dentist today was ok...except at one point he told me i was a "grinder" which he emphasized by adding a scottish accent to it (some more like GGgrrrrrrrrrrindeRRR). i am not sure what that was about as he is not scottish...but i did appreciate that it made me smile on the inside since he was drilling into my tooth, my mouth was being held open and my whole face was pretty much frozen so smiling on the outside was not an option.
oh yeah and i paid the equivalent of my half of rent for an hour of his time. dentist fees are crazy..if i did not think that looking in someone's mouth was disgusting it might have been a good career option well maybe not but i would have amazing shoes.
the drive back was insane. everywhere i turned roads were closed down. this city is a nightmare to drive in right now. i was about to have serious road rage. honestly between the rain, 14th street north being closed, 10th ave north having slowed down due to flashing lights, and people driving like jerks it was enough to make me think about pulling over and reading my book for an hour....except that i have to work. so i managed to pull it together and drive back. but i am pondering writing to the paper about the roads in this city, i know everyone feels the same but there must be a better way to deal with it.
ps prime minister harper calgary is not dealing well with the infrastructure issues...i thought you knew that aren't you from here?

3 comments:

lu said...

i am terrified of dentists and even though mine is this very kind humanitarian-at-heart man who is also my neighbour.

i am a grinder too. stress? first born? anxious? restless? thinker? who knows, but i have some wicked jaw muscles and if you ask nicely, i will even let you feel them when i see you next.

kels said...

ha ha ha ok...we can compare jaw strength. but i warn you i have years of grinding my teeth down so you may have to concede defeat.

i think it is stress related and also my whole family does grind. we all have those mouthguards to sleep in. yep HOT i know

lu said...

ok so i was going to mention that i also have a mouth guard but then i got a bit shy. but now that it is out there. i've had one for years too! bring on the guards, baby.