Wednesday, June 20, 2007

just throw it out the window

t and i are coming up on our 2 year anniversary and i have been thinking a lot about marriage and partnerships. i am so lucky. he really is a constant source of support for me and i know that i am very lucky that someone can deal with all my moods. not only is he sweet and kind, he makes me laugh harder than anyone i know and we share an unusual affliction that causes us to do rather odd things. for example one day, after i had moved in with him in japan after knowing him for a total of 1 week, (which is really crazy in itself when i think about it) we were lounging about his one-room apartment and i had this urge to throw my toast out the window and, boy, did i whip that bread out the window. then without any hesitation t sent a banana soaring out the window right after my toast! then he muttered in his kiwi accent "yep, they needed to be thrown" and i totally agreed. it makes me laugh even now. who else can you throw stuff out the window with and then whole heartedly agree that it HAD to go. among other amazing traits he might be the only person in the world i can travel with, we have managed to make it through India and all the umm...interesting illnesses that can come with it...like t's possible case of malaria and a 5 day period of us tag teaming the bathroom due to Delhi belly (it is funny now, although at the time i thought we would die of dysentery in the Himalayas).
and i am looking forward to our future travels and adventures. and i guess that is what is pretty cool after 5 years, i really look forward to spending time with him even though i see him everyday. so to my hubby...you really are the best.

3 comments:

Dx said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Senior Management does indeed care and I'm lucky to have her. Your blog's a blast so I'll now sit back and think of all the things that I could throw out the window. It'll make for some interesting reading I'm sure. I was only joking about what I wrote about Canada in a previous post. My grandson's Canadian.

kels said...

thanks. yours is pretty darn amusing yourself. no offense taken on the canadian thing (ha that is pretty much a standard Canadian-ism right there) throwing stuff out the window is pretty fun, maybe senior management could try it with you!

Unknown said...

I tots adore the toilet tag teaming story!