Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Weekend Update

The weekend starts for me tomorrow night when i fly to San Francisco with my mom. Yesterday I was not very excited but my feelings have changed as I browsed the SF tourism site. Museums, great food (wooo Sushi!) and lot of boutiques compounded by the kick-ass-ness of the Canadian dollar has helped. The only thing I am mildly stressed about is what to pack...or more honestly how many shoes is too many for a 4 day trip. The weather network shows cool temperatures and rain which is detrimental to my packing abilities. I think it is easier to pack for long trips than weekend trips...I only took 2 bags for a year in Japan but I feel like the suitcase I am taking to SF is way too big. Hmmm but I do plan to do a bit of shopping so it will probably be bursting on the way home to T's dismay. What? I can't help it, I love clothes the way gold member loves skin. (if you read this sis, you'll recall my perfect imitation of "i loooooovve clothes") a disgusting comparison perhaps but i think that same madness that we all saw in this character resembles my love of shoes, bag, clothes, scarves...righty then, this post has gone a bit askew but suffice to say i will be loving SF and all that is in it all the while experimenting with my new digital SLR!

5 comments:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Can you *ever* have too many shoes? Seriously, enjoy your trip to SF. It is one of my favorite cities, rain or shine. Though, admittedly, shine is much better :o)

BTW, no trip to San Francisco is complete (if you're a knitter) until you visit ArtFibers at 124 Sutter Street. It is unique in every sense of the word. And no, I'm not connected with them. Just an admirer.

Thanks for taking the time to 1) stop by my blog and 2) leave a comment.

- Karen B.

kels said...

thanks for the info...i find knitting stores so dangerous because i want to buy everything! if that happens i will be on your blog to get some help :)

lu said...

kels, have i ever told you how i met the fabulous karen above? we had a capuccino in a cafe in amsterdam and two solo female travellers became internet friends!

and that, is a true story.

we still need to schedule a phone call. i am out and about in this fine country (although not so fine when they tell you that i am looking big and put their arms out like a football player to demonstrate how large i apparently am - and i am not even feeling that chubby!) and won't be back and settled until this weekend.

kels said...

hey man no way! i do remember you saying something about that now that you mention it.
yeah a phone call sounds sweet..and what is all this "football player" nonsense. puleeease cant EVERYONE give the whole womens size issue a rest. WTF? why do they care...whatever lu you tell 'em to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Anonymous said...

have a fabulous time!!!!