Wednesday, November 28, 2007

a bit nerdy

So I read the Golden Compass about 1 month ago, actually I devoured it. It was a great fantastical story intermixed with the author's philosophical thoughts on Christianity. I have been getting people I know to read it and already have a date to see the movie. You can go to the website and find out what your daemon is...a daemon is a person's soul manifested into an animal which can be seen by others. I know crazy eh? Anyway because I am a bit nerdy I went to find out what my daemon is...meet Lutheus.




















Neat hey, T did it too but he was slightly pissed that his was a gibbon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there Kels. how are you doing? I'm gonna check out this website too. seems pretty cool. hope you're having a fabulous week out there!!!!

lu said...

i have never even heard of this book and/or movie - i am so out of the loop!

is it you who loved The God of Small Things? may i ask why?! i just finished it and although it is a great book to discuss, i wouldn't say that i enjoyed reading it at all.

lu said...

ok, just looked at your 'favourite books' section and didn't see that one, so maybe i was just pretending that it was you who really likes it.

anywho, have you read it? what did you think?

kels said...

ummm I cannot remember...can you give me a synopsis? I read so much when i was away it is easy to forget some although the title sounds familiar. You should read the Golden Compass, it is a good read with an interesting philosophy on religion, though the Catholic Church is now trying to ban it in schools...sheeeeeesh!