Thursday, November 8, 2007

posture and other things

So I am taking a photography course and the teacher cracks me up. There is a little language barrier with the teacher which ends up translating into random comments on a person's physique which sends me into giggles at the back of the classroom. Believe me, he has said unflattering things about me and I still think it is funny...
We had to all take turns modeling while people took turns taking photos and posing us, so that we could see how posing has a lot to do with how well a photo turns out. First up, young working gal, she reluctantly dragged herself to the front...the first thing the teacher says is she will look 20 pounds lighter if she does not face the camera straight on. I couldn't believe he said it, but young working gal took it well and remarked that she will walk sideways from now on. Our prof doesn't mean it, I think he just says exactly what he is thinking without thinking about how it might sound.
Then I get volunteered so I go up and they take some photos and he says, " see because her face is so skinny you can create cheekbones". I started to laugh because he just says the things we would never say. Then the finale was a larger guy was asked to model and the Prof suggested that if he sat up straighter he would be less chunky! Again this guy was pretty good about it and laughed it off. And I was busy at the back of the classroom trying to stifle snorts while I laughed in my head.
Lesson...sit up straight in photos and don't face the camera, angle yourself away a bit and think before you speak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun

kels said...

fun and funny! it is a good time and i feel like i know my camera a lot better now.