Tuesday, October 16, 2007

is it just me?

sometimes i wonder if i am ever going to get it right...even a little bit. i feel like i am not on the right path yet and i feel as though i am floating backwards while everyone puts all they have into paddling forward. this may just be a bad day but it sure seems like i am nowhere near where i hope or want to be, and i know that everyone says "do something about it" but i suppose if i knew what to do i would. i feel like i need some time to reflect and relax. to sort through the blur of time known as my early twenties when my life's direction shifted to neutral and now i am feeling stuck, unsure and so damn tired of worrying that i am not doing anything worthwhile. am i a living shell with a human exterior? or is this an extended quarter-life crisis? or is this all there is...i don't think it is. i know there is more and i so badly need to find some sort of calm fulfillment. perhaps saying it is a step to realising it....i sure hope so.

1:58 PM I just found this:
Think continually about the things you really want,
and refuse to think about the things you don't want.
- Brian Tracy

Point taken.

2 comments:

Stepiphany said...

Oh, us and our existential crises. I feel ya sister. I know I'm lacking something and I've begun to realize that the catalyst to these feelings of lack is the lack of drive and/or ambition itself. God, it feels sad to type that statement, but it's true. And I so agree that if I knew what to do, I'd be doing it. I just can't seem to focus enough to see what 'it' is. It's funny, I have a friend in town right now who made well over 2 times my salary when she started her entry level job right out of college, and now makes almost 3 times mine. And man is she driven, well-rounded and fulfilled. I'm not saying a big salary is the answer, but she must have something I don't to get to where she is.

At least you'll have plenty of time for reflection on your road trip. Maybe you should look into Philosophy as a career path. Oh wait... I don't think that happens much anymore. Well anyway, let me know when you find something out!

Anonymous said...

no, its not just you :)