Monday, June 16, 2008

a two week review

Ok since work has taken over my life as I want to get this project done, blogging has fallen to the end of the priority list so for a catch up this what has been going on (don't hate me for a lame catch-up post)
  • work
  • flew home to attend my little brother's (who is 6'3) highschool graduation ceremonies
  • surprised my entire family except THE DAD who graciously picked me up from the airport
  • was shocked by the girl's choice of grad dresses (when did skanky become the new black?)
  • laughed as my brother partied all weekend long and did not suffer from a hangover once
  • danced with my whole family at said graduation party
  • ate a pound of candy with my little sis
  • met my new cousin (ok second cousin) who is absolutely adorable
  • ran about six million errands in 5 days
  • tried to meet up with friends
  • ran out of time so had to apologize to friends (good thing they are are travelers and understand how time fills up when you arrive home for a visit)
  • switched out travel attire while fighting with all our humongous tubs of clothes that are crammed into the closet in my parent's basement
  • drove in crappy traffic complete with crappy Calgary weather
  • paid an exorbitant amount of postage to send a package to NZ and one to Oz (Canada Post what gives?)
  • saw Sex and the City---overall rating mediocre
  • enjoyed a few baths...so delicious. Mexicans don't seem to into the whole bath notion so I was pretty darn excited to get in the tub at home
  • Checked out my little sister's first apartment--very nice indeed
  • Got our International Driver's Permits so we are legal to drive all over Central and South America!!!
  • got back on the plane and am back in Mexico working like a demon to get the work project done
Funny that this list started out with work and ends with it...well not that funny.

No comments: