Friday, June 20, 2008

Blanket Numero Uno

Since many of our friends are pregnant I have been putting my knitting skills to the test. I completed this blanket a few weeks ago but had to wait for it to be delivered so I could post it up. Canada Post (who continue to charge unseemly rates) notified me it has arrived so I really hope it has....otherwise SURPRISE! You know who you are and this is coming for the new addition!





























The pattern is from Stitch and Bitch entitled "Big Bad Baby Blanket"....this is the first time I actually figured out the gauge (with Karen's help) and made the pattern fit the wool of my choice. There were a few hairy moments but overall I love how it turned out. In fact I think that I might need to make one for myself....but I am going to settle for using the remainder of the wool to make a toque for moi!

No comments: