Saturday, March 1, 2008

Paco and Francois

I am stealing internet from a cafe below our little room. Who knew that travelling 4 years later would involve all this tech gear and the option of stealing wireless?

I am attempting to speak Spanish when I can here but I end up butchering it and then about 10 minutes later I think of the right way or a better way to say something. Luckily most of the people are receptive to us trying but there are a few who respond in English or say rude things in Spanish. But for the most part people let us try and that is all we can expect. I am worried that I won't pick it up quickly or at all, as it seems that all that learning has disappeared inside my brain to some dark corner where it is resting on an old couch, eating nachos and talking with the French lessons I took years ago.

No comments: