Tuesday, February 12, 2008

somehow it always works out

So this is going to be a speedy catch up since I have been MIA for a few weeks.
Things are going well and we have started out on our adventure down south:
  • T and I managed to get just the design part of the job we were offered which means we will work on the road and set up a little apartment in Mexico until June. Once we get final approval on the design work we are free to travel with a bank account that will be a little fuller :)
  • I am kung-fu chopped my student loans and am officially debt free HIIII YA!
  • I finally signed up for Skype
  • T and I managed to make all our possessions fit into the spaces offered by my parents
  • We also managed to pack the car without everything exploding
  • I actually managed to pack my clothes in a bag the same size as T's (I know I impressed myself)
  • We left Calgary in a blizzard and managed to hit the highway just as it was opening
  • I got a job working for a travel blog that actually pays me to write about our adventure
  • And I love Vancouver
So we are on our way and will be heading to the States tomorrow. I am praying that the border officials are nice and that T doesn't provoke them as he often does when faced with figures of authority. I did explain we might need to kiss butt a little to which I received the evil eye and a lecture about "how it is none of their business where we are going..." I am pretty sure they will think otherwise.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Hey Skankies, You guys are on the road!!!!! how good is that, we are so excited for you. we have been very bad and have not said thankyou to you guys for our unborn daughters Booties (George thinks their for our son.... we will see). You guys are going to have so much fun on the road...... Tom, take the piss of the US boarder guards when you cross into the states they deserve it but do it so they think your their mate....... freaken seppos.

sorry we cant meet you in mexico, george and i are going to be getting ready for the kid but we are thinking of you guys a heap at the moment. speak to you soon. love G & G

lu said...

paid to write?? i have been exploring this very same idea. let me know how you found the opportunity!

Stepiphany said...

That travel blog gig is AWESOME! I'm quite happy for you. And yes, tell me where to find such a job!

Hey, if you're passing anywhere near Los ANgeles, DEFINITELY let me know - it'd be a pleasure to meet up!!