Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the count down is on

so here is the scoop we are planning to drive from canada to the tip of south america stopping where we choose along the way. i know...yes we may be crazy. travelling to central and south america was my idea but the driving part was all t's, so there..he can't try to push this insanity onto me. the plan is to leave mid-january which is good timing because it should be about -40 here (for real).
since arriving home about 4 years ago i have been itching to leave again. don't get me wrong i love my hometown but i just feel there is so much out there to see and learn about that i would be cheating myself if i did not step into the unknown again. and one of my biggest fears is waking up at the ripe old age of 80 and realizing that i should have gone for it instead of spending my life being too chicken to risk it. that being said sometimes i wonder if it is a good plan career-wise to leave at the young age of 26. it does mean a whole swack of resume issues...but i am going to have faith that i will either be able to find work down there or that my next interview will be with an avid traveller who will hire me and pay me $80k a year because i am so well-travelled. ha ha ha i make myself laugh i really do.
so there it is...the countdown is on 4 months to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw the career, cousan. . .there's endless amounts of time to figure that out. . .you have so much time. . .look at me, three and some years on you, and i still have no idea what to do with my life. . .wish i was 26 and getting in a car to travel the world. . .or even being 30 and traveling would be great -- but our damn "careers" have us trapped, i'm afraid. . .so no guilt, think only about the adventure, not the "what ifs!" xoxo

Stepiphany said...

haha - you make me laugh too! I am so very envious of you. I have those same fears of regret and I admire the bold path you are choosing! I'm sure you won't regret it. And btw, I lived in Guatemala for a summer - you must visit Lake Atitlan, a tranquil lake encircled in dormant volcaoes, where they have TONS of cheap Spanish classes and room & board.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea. I'm glad you're finally ditching c-town!